1In most cases, if you do not have enough available funds in your Direct Banking account to cover a transaction, Sandy Spring Bank will decline or return the transaction; however, Sandy Spring Bank may authorize an overdraft payment in its sole discretion. You will not be charged a fee for a declined or returned transaction or an overdraft payment in connection with a Direct Banking account.
2 U.S. checking or savings account required to use Zelle®. Transactions between enrolled consumers typically occur in minutes.
3 The fee for a transaction made at ATMs that are not owned by Sandy Spring Bank or are not part of the Allpoint ATM network. The owner of the machine may alsocharge a fee.
4 The direct deposit must originate from a paycheck, pension, social security or other monthly income electronically deposited. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at the branch or ATM do not qualify as direct deposits.
Zelle® and the Zelle® related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
All other trademarks and service marks are owned by their respective owners.
For quick, paperless deposits and payments, it’s best to be direct. Whether you’re looking for a more efficient way to bank or opening your first account, Direct Banking gives you full control of your funds with ease and security.
- No overdraft/NSF fee.1
- No check writing.
- Low minimum opening deposit of only $25.
- No minimum balance required.
- No inactivity fees.
- Mobile and online banking with mobile deposit and bill payment.
- Sandy Spring Bank Debit Mastercard® with shopping and protection benefits.
- Easily accessed eStatements.
- Access to Zelle® to send money to nearly anyone you know and trust.2
- Unlimited use of Sandy Spring Bank ATMs and the 55,000 Surcharge-free ATMs in the Allpoint network.
- No Sandy Spring Bank ATM fee for up to 4 transactions per statement cycle at non Sandy Spring Bank/Allpoint ATMs (ATM owner may charge a fee).3
- The personal service you’d expect through any of our branches or Client Service Center.
|About the Account|
|Monthly Maintenance Fee: $4.95 (Waived if you are under 25 years of age or, if you complete qualifying direct deposits4 of $250 or more during the statement cycle, or a minimum of 4 debit card purchase transactions totaling $50 or more are posted during the statement cycle.)|
|Overdraft and NSF Fee per Item: No overdraft or NSF fees.1|
|Fee for making more than 4 transactions during the statement cycle at a Non-Sandy Spring Bank ATM or Non Allpoint Network ATM: $2.50 per withdrawal, balance inquiry or transfer.3|
Compare Direct Banking to the other checking accounts available at Sandy Spring Bank!