Managing Your Trust
Do the types and terms of the different kinds of trusts overwhelm you? It can be difficult to determine which approach will best meet the needs of you and your family. That’s why our team of experts is here for you. We will work with you to understand your priorities and preferences, and to design a customized strategy to ensure your wishes are honored.
The responsibilities of a Trustee are numerous and extensive. There are many ways that Sandy Spring Trust can assist you and your loved ones through this complex process. Most notably, we can be named as a Trustee, Successor Trustee or Co-trustee. Our team of seasoned professionals is available to:
- Help coordinate your affairs, handle the various legal responsibilities and administrative duties of managing a trust, and play a support role for the family member or friend who has been named as a Trustee
- Assume some or all of the responsibility for managing your affairs through the Trust
- Ensuring the trust is properly funded and that trust assets are correctly titled
- Creating an action plan to deal with the partial or full incapacity of the initial trustee
- Ensuring a smooth transition between trustees
- Protecting successor trustees from potential friction and even litigation
- Providing asset-management, tax-planning and estate-planning support
Sandy Spring Trust is a division of Sandy Spring Bank. Neither Sandy Spring Bank nor Sandy Spring Trust acts as a substitute for the legal and tax advisers you, your family and business will need. Our staff works closely with your advisers to coordinate your overall plan.