2019 Season of Sharing Wrap-Up
Volunteering in the communities we serve is a year-round priority for us at Sandy Spring Bank, but it’s a tradition for us to end the year with a special emphasis on giving back through our Season of Sharing. Employees volunteer their time, donate resources and join together to make a meaningful impact in communities across our footprint.
We’re excited to share the impact of our 2019 Season of Sharing:
- 55,000 meals donated to the Capital Area Food Bank and the Maryland Food Bank, plus 2,000+ meals packed at Capital Area Food Bank
- $15,350 raised for the Alzheimer’s Association
- $10,000 donated to Susan G. Komen
- $10,000 raised and 3,000 toys collected for Toys for Tots
- $2,500 donated to the Kiwanis Club of Fairfax and 75 food kits assembled for its Meals for Young Minds program
- 1,160 PB&J sandwiches prepared for Our Daily Bread and BeMoreCaring
- 50 pairs of pajamas and 43 books donated to the Pajama Program
- 535 pounds of food and $465 donated to the Howard County Food Bank
Thank you to our employees and community partners for their dedication to improving our communities. Learn more about Sandy Spring Bank's community involvement here.