Remote Deposit allows you to make deposits electronically by
utilizing a desktop scanner connected to your PC and the Internet.
Users scan checks at their business location and then transmit data
and check images electronically to Sandy Spring Bank for
This new service reduces or eliminates the need to deliver
deposits in person. Remote Deposit allows you to make deposits from
any of your business locations.
Prepare and submit deposits directly from any of your business
locations. Make deposits when it's most convenient for you,
evenings (with an extended 7:00 pm cut-off), weekends or even
By depositing checks faster, the collection process starts
Reduce the amount of time spent preparing deposits and
consolidate banking accounts. No more trouble getting to the bank
before cut-off time.
Eliminate courier costs or employee trips to the bank.
Consolidate multiple banking relationships and save money with
Improve Cash Flow
By depositing checks quickly, certain deposit items may qualify
for faster availability.
Improved End of Month/Quarter Processing
Checks received on the last day of the month or quarter will
post in the same period.
Remote Deposit Benefits:
- Extensive reporting capabilities
- Automatically reads the majority of checks with recognition
- Streamlined workflow processes including an automated virtual
- Ability to automatically upload payment files into your
accounts receivable system
- Automated transaction balancing and validation
- Multiple security layers
- Support of up to 12 additional fields provides ability to key
additional information from images, such as name and address
- Integrated transmission function confirming transmission and
reception of transaction data, including multiple deposits in a
To open a Sandy Spring account:
Lending Policy Statement is available to view online.