Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness
Information current as of November 19, 2021.
The Sandy Spring Bank PPP loan forgiveness portal is now open for all loans greater than $150,000.
Sandy Spring Bank is no longer accepting forgiveness applications for PPP loans under $150,000. Borrowers with PPP loans under $150,000 must apply for forgiveness directly through the Small Business Administration. Visit https://directforgiveness.sba.gov/ to apply.
Click here for instructions on how to use the portal.
For the latest Small Business Administration (SBA) information on PPP loan forgiveness, click here.
We are aware that third parties are contacting PPP recipients to assist them with their forgiveness applications, presumably for a fee. We have not engaged with and do not endorse any of these firms, nor have we provided any of these firms with information about our PPP borrowers.
Email notices on loan forgiveness applications are being sent from [email protected] with specific instructions for loans greater than $150,000.
Forgiveness Application Process:
- Add [email protected] to your contacts, safe senders list, or whitelist to prevent important emails from being marked as spam. Please do not attempt to send a message to this address as it is not monitored.
- Refer to the U.S. Treasury’s website or the SBA’s website for up-to-date information on forgiveness and documentation requirements.
- For help with our forgiveness application portal, please review these frequently asked questions.
- If you are experiencing any issues resetting your portal password:
- Ensure the email address you are using to log in is the email address the authorized signer used to apply for the loan.
- Check your junk, spam, or email quarantine folders for messages from [email protected]. Please do not attempt to send a message to this address as it is not monitored.
- Add [email protected] to your contacts, safe senders list, or whitelist to ensure you receive the password reset email.
- If applicable, check with your IT team to make sure your company is not filtering messages from [email protected].
Additional Notes on Forgiveness
- The Bank has 60 days from receipt of a complete forgiveness application to issue a decision to SBA. SBA then has 90 days to review the loan or forgiveness application and remit the appropriate forgiveness amount to the Bank.
- Be sure to check this page regularly for more details and frequently asked questions on the PPP loan forgiveness process. Please note that our branches and the Client Service Center do not have additional information.
If you have additional questions that are not addressed here or on the Q&A page regarding our process for forgiveness, please submit your inquiry using the button below.