Debit Card Protection
Sandy Spring Bank takes the security of your card very seriously. We offer a variety of ways protect your account and cards.
Please review our security options listed below:
- Chip Card Technology
- Real Time Alerts — Fraud Monitoring
Frequently Asked Questions
- Zero Liability* — Zero liability for unauthorized purchases
- Automatic Billing Updater
What Is The Mastercard Automatic Billing Updater? If you have set up recurring payments on your debit card the last thing you want is a payment to be missed because your card has expired or the card number has changed. Mastercard Automatic Billing Updater helps provide you with the convenient, stress-free, continuous service you have come to expect from your debit card. Now when your card information changes Automatic Billing Updater will help ensure participating merchants will receive your updated information automatically.
To opt out of this service please contact our client service center at 800.399.5919 or visit any of our convenient community offices.
Shopping online is fast and easy, and now it’s more secure, too - with Mastercard® SecureCode™.
With Mastercard SecureCode only you, and the people you give permission to, can make online purchases at participating merchants using the Sandy Spring Bank Debit Mastercard account automatically enrolled in this service. It’s fast, easy, secure and free.
Effective June 1, 2019, SecureCode is enabling an added level of fraud protection for online transactions. If a transaction requires identity verification, you may be asked to enter a One Time Passcode sent to you via text or email.
Simply enter the passcode and the transaction will be completed. If you do not have a mobile phone number or valid email address on file, please call us to update your information.
This service may also be called Identity Check or 3D Secure.
SecurLOCK™ is a free, simple, and secure app that lets you manage your debit card from your smartphone.
- Switch Card On/Off — Lock or unlock cards with a single touch
- Control Use by Location — Limit a card's activity to a specific distance from your mobile device or specify a region on a map
- Control Preferences — Set merchant categories, transaction types, and spending limits
- Instant Transaction Alerts — Receive real time alerts on transactions
- Self Service — Analyze spending and manage transactions
Frequently Asked Questions
Sandy Spring Bank MasterPass is a free, easy, convenient and trusted mobile wallet for your smart phone, tablet or computer. Enjoy fast and safe shopping at these participating online merchants.
- Free — there is no charge to sign up for the mobile wallet. Just maintain a Sandy Spring Bank Debit Mastercard®.
- Easy – enjoy quick checkout every time with just a click, tap or touch.
- Convenient — store all of your debit, credit, prepaid and loyalty cards in one place.
- Trusted — information is safe and secure with the multi-tiered security of Mastercard®.
- Plus your Sandy Spring Bank Debit Mastercard is automatically enrolled in Mastercard SecureCode during set-up.
Sign up. It's free.
Sandy Spring Bank MasterPass makes online shopping safe and easy by storing all of your payment and shipping information in one convenient and secure place. You simply shop, click and checkout faster online. The retailer gets the information it needs to complete the transaction and you get to skip re-entering all of your payment information.
Apple, Apple Watch, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android and the Android Logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Samsung is registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
* If the card is lost or stolen, the MasterCard Zero Liability program protects against unauthorized purchases. Certain restrictions apply. Please see www.mastercard.us/zero-liability.html for terms and conditions.
© 2019 Sandy Spring Bank. Mastercard is a registered trademark and Debit Mastercard and the Circles Design are trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.