Data security is an industry-wide challenge that evolves daily. In recent months, we have seen an uptick in the number of national and local data breaches, card reading or skimming device incidences, and vishing (voice phishing) fraud calls. It is our top priority to ensure the safety and security of our clients and their personal information, so we are working closely with internal and external partners to monitor for and mitigate potential risks. Cardholders can feel confident that they are protected by a Zero Liability fraud policy, which protects a cardholder from any unauthorized purchases made with their card or account information. While we are working diligently on your behalf, we encourage you to also take steps to protect your information.
- Review your account statements regularly and promptly report any errors by calling 800-399-5919 or visiting a community branch location.
- Never provide your card information to anyone over the phone when you did not initiate the call.
- Sign up for text or email alerts to inform you when a change in your account occurs, such as low balance or irregular account activity.
- Keep your PIN separate from your card.
- Be aware of ATMs that appear to have been altered. If anything on the front of the machine looks crooked, loose or damaged, it could be a sign that someone attached a skimming device.
- Cover the keypad with your other hand to block another person or a camera from viewing your PIN entry.
- Notify us immediately if your card is retained or gets stuck in any ATM machine, so we may block your card.
- Provide us with your updated phone numbers, so you can be contacted if suspicious activity is detected.
If you suspect fraud, unauthorized or suspicious activity on you accounts, please call the Sandy Spring Bank Client Service Center at 800-399-5919 and press option 2 for assistance.
Thank you for your business and loyalty to Sandy Spring Bank.