Have your Deposit Made For You
With Direct Deposit, have your paycheck or any regularly scheduled payment deposited electronically into your checking, savings or money market account. Eligible deposits include salary, retirement benefits, interest payments, pension payments, Social Security, SSI and government payments.
Why Choose Direct Deposit?
- Direct Deposit payments never get lost
- Direct Deposit is confidential. Money is transferred electronically and passes through fewer hands than a check
- Problems with Direct deposit, which are rare, are quickly resolved
- Almost 85 percent of identity theft starts with someone seeing your personal financial information on a paper check, billing statement, or bank account statement. Once electronic payments are set up, the money travels electronically, greatly reducing the number of people who see your personal information.
- Once you have signed up for Direct Deposit, you don’t have to go to the bank to deposit checks.
- Your money is automatically deposited into your account on time, every time-and you don’t have to be at work-or even in town!
- Direct Deposit gives you access to your money earlier than check deposits. There is no waiting for checks to clear.
- Direct Deposit puts you in charge of your money. Financial planners recommend Direct Deposit as one step towards gaining control of your finances.
- With Direct Deposit, you decide how to divide your pay among your accounts and it will be done automatically.
- Employers will issue a payment summary every deposit that will look much like your paycheck stub looks today. It will show your deductions for taxes, insurance, and other obligations, and will reflect the balance that was deposited into your account(s).
- Direct Deposit is a smart way to help the environment. Each year, checks use more than 674 million gallons of fuel and add 3.6 million tons of CO2 to the environment as they travel through the payment cycle.
Sign for Up Direct Deposit
A written authorization is required to establish a direct deposit. The quickest way to sign up for direct deposit is to contact your employer, government agency or other agency issuing you a check. They will provide the proper forms and instructions.
You may also be able to complete our Sandy Spring Bank Direct Deposit enrollment form and submit it to your employer or other non-governmental agency along with a voided check from your Sandy Spring Bank account.
To sign up for this free service, download and complete the appropriate Direct Deposit Form listed below:
- Use our Direct Deposit Form to sign up for direct deposit of your paycheck.
- Social Security and other Government Payments Direct Deposit – If you are a government employee, use this form to sign up for direct deposit of your paycheck. If you receive Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, VA Compensation or Pension, or other like payments, use a Government Direct Deposit Form to sign up for direct deposit of these payments.
- Provide the completed form to your employer or to the agency (e.g. Social Security) responsible for your payments.
What you will need to complete the above forms:
- A voided check (not a deposit slip) from your Sandy Spring Bank account
- Sandy Spring Bank Routing and Transit Number: 055001096
If you have any questions regarding direct deposit: