Start your savings now! A regular savings account is perfect whether it’s your first savings account or you are saving for a specific reason like a vacation, a new car or that surprise expense.
A savings account is an essential tool to help establish smart saving habits. Enjoy competitive rates on this low minimum-balance account to grow your deposits.
- Interest is compounded daily
- A low $300 minimum daily ledger balance
- FDIC insured
- Minimum opening deposit of $25
Rates and Fees
- $5 monthly maintenance fee. This fee is waived in any month or monthly statement cycle you maintain a $300 minimum daily ledger balance or have a monthly direct deposit.
- $25 fee for excess activity*
- Competitive rates
- Free Online Banking with BankXpress
- Combine your checking and savings accounts into a single statement
- Direct Deposit – deposit payroll, Social Security, and other recurring deposits automatically
- Auto Save – set up auto transfers to your Sandy Spring Savings account from your Sandy Spring checking account
- Free Access to your account at over 55,000 ATMs
- Use your Sandy Spring Savings Account as overdraft protection for your Sandy Spring checking account
To open a Sandy Spring Regular Savings account:
*By law, certain types of withdrawals are limited. Withdrawals over the limits are excess activity. You may make up to a combined total of 6 withdrawals per monthly statement cycle (or calendar month if you receive a quarterly statement) by either check, draft, debit card purchase or similar order (if available on the account,) telephone, automatic or pre-authorized transfer to another of your accounts with us or to a third party. Such transfers include those made by Telephone Banking Line, Online Banking and transfers from your savings account to cover overdrafts. An excess activity fee will be assessed each time you exceed any of these limits.