HSA Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for an HSA, an individual must participate in a qualified HDHP (High Deductible Health Plan) offered by their employer. A HDHP is a health plan with the following qualifications:
- Deductible of at least $1,300 for an individual or $2,600 for a family
- Maximum out of pocket expenses
2015 $6,450 for an individual or $12,900 for a family
2016 $6,550 for an individual or $13,100 for a family
- Eligibility is determined on a month-to-month basis
Apply Now or Learn More about Sandy Spring Bank’s Health Savings Accounts:
- Please call: 800-399-5919, press 2, 5.
- View Sandy Spring Bank’s HSA Rates
*All references to tax savings are at a federal level. State taxes vary. Please consult your tax advisor.