It’s a great time to take advantage of a checking account designed for anyone age 55 or better.
Senior Interest Checking has no minimum balance or direct deposit requirement and no monthly fee; and it provides a comprehensive package of banking services.
- Your checking account balance earns interest
- Free Standard Checks, or $10 discount on other check styles
- Unlimited check writing, Sandy Spring Bank ATM transactions and Telephone Banking
- Free Online Banking with Bill Pay
- Free Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit
- Free Sandy Spring Bank Debit MasterCard®
- Surcharge free Allpoint ATM transactions
- No Fee American Express Travelers Cheques for One
- Free financial checkup
- Free electronic or paper statements
- Overdraft Protection is available by linking a savings, money market or line of credit (if qualified) to your account1
- Personal loan discounts with direct debit (if qualified)
- Opening deposit of only $50 to start enjoying all of the benefits
1 Transfer charges may apply.
Open Now, Call 800-399-5919, press 4, 1, Or, visit a Maryland or Virginia Community Office
|Monthly Maintenance Fee
Overdrafts and NSF Items: Returned*
||$5 per day when an account remains overdrawn for more than 7 days.
||$32 for checks or pre-authorized debits and Notice of Postdating.
|Non-Sandy Spring Bank ATM**
||$2.00 per withdrawal, balance inquiry or transfer.
*A withdrawal or an order presented for payment that would overdraw an account or is drawn against unavailable funds (fee not applicable to Commercial Checking UAF items that are paid or returned).
We do not charge the Overdraft Fee on your account when we determine that your account is overdrawn by a total amount less than $5.00 after we finish processing for the day.
When we determine that your account is overdrawn by a total amount of $5.00 or more, a $37 fee will apply to each withdrawal or order paid or returned. Daily maximum limited to five items. The types of withdrawals or Orders subject to an overdraft, NSF Return or UAF fee include negotiable orders of withdrawal, checks, substitute checks, electronified checks, “counter/in-person” withdrawals, drafts, ATM withdrawals, point of sale purchases, ACH withdrawals, online banking and telephone banking withdrawals, other orders, other items, and other withdrawals or transfer requests used to transfer or withdraw funds out of your Account by any means (subject to availability and any withdrawal limitations or penalties for your Account).
**For other fees applicable to your account, please view our Personal Fee Schedule. For additional terms and conditions, please view our Personal Deposit Account and Electronic Banking Agreement, Product Sheet, and our Rate Sheet. To request a copy of any of these documents, please call 800-399-5919 and press 3, 1 for our Client Service Center, or visit any of our community offices.
© 2013 MasterCard. MasterCard, Debit MasterCard and the MasterCard brand marks are trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.