Serving our Clients
Throughout the challenge of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have remained fully operational and committed to safely serving our clients. When local governments imposed stay-at-home orders we promptly implemented our business continuity plans. We also took steps to help alleviate the financial impact of the pandemic for Sandy Spring clients.
- Increased services available through drive-thru facilities
- Launched webpage to provide clients with up-to-date information about bank services, resources and federal relief
- Closed branch lobbies to walk-in traffic and served clients by appointment to reduce the number of people in the branch at any one time
- Established a moratorium on foreclosures and repossessions
- Waived fees for all ATM transactions through January 31, 2021
- Waived fees for remote check deposits for business clients
- Waived certain penalties for early CD withdrawals less than $10,000
Many of our small business clients operate hotels, restaurants, retail properties and other businesses that have been affected by the pandemic, or work for such businesses. To help clients weather this crisis, we provided temporary payment accommodations that allowed clients to defer their loan payments without penalty.