HSA Individual or Employee Requirements
To participate in an HSA, an individual (employee):
- Must be enrolled in a qualified HDHP (High Deductible Health Plan) offered by their employer. See HDHP Eligibility Requirements.
- Cannot have other health insurance, with the following exceptions: worker’s compensation, insurance for a specific disease, insurance that pays a fixed amount per day of hospitalization, dental, vision, long-term care, accident and disability insurance
- Cannot be enrolled in Medicare Part A or Part B
- Cannot be a dependent on another person’s tax return
- Cannot have received VA benefits in the past 3 months
Apply Now or Learn More about Sandy Spring Bank’s Health Savings Accounts:
- Please call: 800-399-5919, press 2, 5.
- View Sandy Spring Bank’s HSA Rates
*All references to tax savings are at a federal level. State taxes vary. Please consult your tax advisor.