Another Season of Sharing for the Books!
At Sandy Spring Bank, we know firsthand that one of our greatest assets is our people. Every day our employees accomplish remarkable things for our clients, shareholders, communities and each other, and never is this more evident than during our Season of Sharing.
As the 2017 Season of Sharing comes to an end, we’d like to thank the hundreds of employees who volunteered their time and resources to various organizations across the region. Just this year, we’re proud to announce that we will feed over 40,000 people across Maryland, Virginia and D.C.
Reflecting on our past Seasons of Sharing, it’s quite impressive to take a step back and consider our collective efforts through the years.
Since 2012, we have accomplished a lot:
- 25 + different charities benefited from our Season of Sharing activities
- 900 + Sandy Spring Bank employees participated in Season of Sharing events
- 1,200 + volunteer hours by Sandy Spring Bank employees
- 8,600 + PB & J sandwiches were made for local families
- 189,000 + meals were donated to local food banks
- 1,200 + warm meals were provided to children and families across our footprint
- 600 + non-perishable food items collected for local food banks
- 2,200 + food kits were packed for students in need
- $30,000 + worth of new toys were donated to thousands of economically-disadvantaged children
Thank you all for everything you do during the Season of Sharing and all year long. We look forward to continuing to add value to the communities we serve in 2018.