10 Ways to Protect Your Business from a Cyber Attack
A data breach could cripple your small business, costing you thousands or millions of dollars in lost sales or damages. Here are 10 helpful ways to protect your business:
- Train employees in cyber security principles.
- Install, use and regularly update antivirus and antispyware software on every computer used in your business.
- To prevent fraudulent wire transfers, call to verify any changes to payment requests.
- Download and install software updates for your operating systems and applications as they become available.
- Make backup copies of important business data and information.
- Control physical access to your computers and network components.
- Secure your Wi-Fi networks. If you have a Wi-Fi network for your workplace make sure it is secure and hidden.
- Protect your email accounts. Do not click on links or open attachments, unless you are confident in the source.
- Limit employee access to data and information, and limit authority to install software.
- Regularly change passwords.
To learn more, contact our team of experts at 410.897.5800 to discuss ways we can help protect you or your business. Sandy Spring Insurance also hosts a variety of educational seminars, learn more. You can also visit us at www.sandyspringinsurance.com.
Wealth and Insurance products are not FDIC insured, not guaranteed, and may lose value.
Sandy Spring Insurance Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sandy Spring Bank.
This material is provided solely for educational purposes and is not intended to constitute tax, legal or accounting advice, or a recommendation for any particular transaction.